Helping Animals and Children through Reading
If you like to play with cats and dogs and help with training and socializing, then consider being a volunteer!
If you like to mentor and assist children who may be shy, lacking self-confidence, or are uncomfortable verbally communicating, then volunteer for Woofs and Books!
Remember, as a mentor, you are not teaching the child how to read. Instead, you are facilitating the relationship between the animal and the child. The adoptable pet is the attentive, furry, non-critical audience, and the child is reading to the animal to overcome shyness and lack of self-esteem.
The property for Woofs and Books is in Noblesville, Indiana.
Initially, volunteers will be needed to assist with:
- Property improvements, such as installing fencing, building rooms for the reading sessions, painting, and landscaping.
- Planning fundraising events and applying for grants.
- Building relationships with local schools,animal organizations, and the community.
Later, volunteers will be needed for:
- Training and socializing the rescued animals.
- Visiting local schools and libraries to facilitate reading sessions and market Woofs and Books.
- Helping place the pets in loving, forever homes.
- Maintenance of the facility.
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete our Volunteer Application. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Sign in to our Guest Book and feel free to leave a comment and your contact information.
View the Pet Pals TV Show (by clicking the button to the left) which has a segment on the Great Pyrenees. One of the board members of Woofs and Books has fostered 6 dogs for the Indy Great Pyrenees Rescue.
Woofs and Books is a 501 (c) (3) organization. Woofs and Books, 11385 East 191st Street, Noblesville, IN 46060