Due to Woofs and Books being a start-up, non-profit organization, minimal funds are in the coffer. The adoption fees help offset the veterinary expenses incurred and allow Woofs and Books to rescue more animals and fund operations.
Adoption fees for kittens: $75, which includes de-worming, appropriate age-related vaccinations, spay/neuter, and microchip. Additional booster vaccinations may be needed after they are adopted.
Adoption fees for cats: $55, which includes FeLV/FIV test, vaccinations, spay/neuter, and microchip.
Opportunities for reduced adoption fees:
- Two pets are adopted
- Donated supplies, such as leashes, towels, blankets, toys, children's books, cleaning and office supplies
- Volunteer hours at the facility. PARENTS - this would be a great opportunity for your child to understand how to responsibly care for their pet by helping with the animals at the facility. Also, many non-animal projects need to be completed, i.e. painting, landscaping, etc.
Sign in to our Guest Book and feel free to leave a comment and your contact information.
The following kittens and 1 cat are available for adoption!! The kittens were born on June 1, 2011. See our Petfinder listings below for more information about the kittens, Mila, and Tiger. Boots is approx. 10-months-old, was found as a stray, and was rescued by a caring individual. She is healthy, current on all vaccines, and is affectionate and playful.
Click HERE to view the video of Mila, a sweet little girl looking for her forever home.
Woofs and Books is committed to ensuring all of its adoptable pets are placed in a loving, permanent home. The adoption process is as follows:
1. Complete an adoption application online here: Adoption Application. Vet references and other references will be checked and apartments will be contacted to check the pet policy. If you have questions, please call 317-339-8236.
2. Once the adoption application is approved, you will be contacted. A meet-and-greet will be scheduled for you to visit the adoptable pet at Woofs and Books' facility. All family members must be present at this meeting.
3. If you are adopting a cat or rabbit, generally you will be able to take home your new family member the day of the meeting. Or, a home visit may be needed.
3a. If you are adopting a dog and the meet-and-greet goes well, a home visit will be scheduled. Woofs and Books will visit your home without the dog to ensure the home, fence, location,... arrangements are suitable for the type of dog that is being adopted.
3b. If the home visit is approved, then you are approved to adopt.
4. A date will be arranged for your new family member to arrive at his/her forever home.
5. An adoption contract will need to be signed.
6. Register the microchip with Home Again for $11.99.
7. Love your new furry friend!
Woofs and Books is a 501 (c) (3) organization. Woofs and Books, 11385 East 191st Street, Noblesville, IN 46060